Saturday, June 28, 2008

At the End of the Day


The end of another day: my wife, Wilma, snapped this photo back in January. Here you see one spent writer -- oh, and one spent pooch, too. (That's right, we don't use the "D" word around my house!)
.
After writing the introduction for Bound for Evil: Curious Tales of Books Gone Bad, I collapsed from exhaustion. The intro was the capper of a year-long editing process that kept me up way past my bedtime far too many nights. As you can plainly see, Misty, having sat at my feet for so long during the editing of the book, has literally grown into my leg. But that's okay: a boy and his dog should be inseparable.
.
Thought for the Day:
“Self is the only prison that can ever bind the soul.”
---Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933)
The Prison and the Angel
.

No comments:

Writer Gregory L. Norris and editor Tom English discuss the impact of daytime soaps on story-telling and the horror genre

Gregory L. Norris, Writer: BLACK INFINITY 3 : Some of my earliest memories involve Dan Curtis's dreamy soap opera set in coastal Maine, ...