Friday, October 3, 2008

Be on the lookout for Dead Souls

My story "Dry Places" will be appearing in the new horror anthology Dead Souls, due March 2009 from Morrigan Books.

Get a load of the creepy cover! (Spiders have always creeped me out!)

As I announced back in June, "Dry Places" was chosen for a project tentatively called Blood & Snow. Since then, the book has morphed into the terrifying anthology Dead Souls :


"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

--Genesis 1:2

Darkness was first, before God brought the light, yet the light could not cover all, for shadows remain. They grow and fester and infect.
.
Dead Souls contains tales that explore the darker side of the soul, those that could not escape the shadows that followed them and even those that embraced them....
(from an early blurb from Morrigan Books)
.
What really excites me about this new anthology is its roster of talented writers, including my pals Simon Strantzas and Gary McMahon, both of whom I worked with in Bound for Evil. Definitely two guys to watch. (See my previous post, below.)
.
Writer's Quote:
"More people have talent than discipline. That’s why discipline pays better.” --Mike Price

4 comments:

strantzas said...

I'm proud to share the ToC with you, Tom.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Simon. Now if only I could find a way to get into Best New Horror with you and Gary. sigh

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations Tom, and it's an honour to still be sharing a TOC with you.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Catherine! But the honor is all mine.

Writer Gregory L. Norris and editor Tom English discuss the impact of daytime soaps on story-telling and the horror genre

Gregory L. Norris, Writer: BLACK INFINITY 3 : Some of my earliest memories involve Dan Curtis's dreamy soap opera set in coastal Maine, ...